If you are hunting for the latest Samsung galaxy phones with heart rate monitor, you are not alone. Many other Samsung lovers are doing the same thing. Why? Some years back, Samsung garnered significant attention by including a heart rate monitor in their high-end or premium flagship smartphones.
From tracking fitness goals to monitoring stress levels, Samsung Galaxy phones with heart rate monitors have revolutionized personal health management, empowering individuals to take charge of their well-being like never before.
Table of Contents
Benefits of having a heart rate monitor in a smartphone
Having a heart rate monitor in a smartphone can offer several benefits that include:
- Health and Fitness Tracking: With a heart rate monitor, you can track your heart rate during exercise or physical activity. It provides real-time data that helps you monitor your cardiovascular health and gauge the intensity of your workouts. This information can be valuable for assessing your fitness level, setting goals, and tracking your progress over time.
- Stress and Relaxation Management: Monitoring your heart rate can help you identify moments of stress and tension. By tracking changes in your heart rate patterns, you can learn to recognize when you’re experiencing heightened stress levels and take steps to manage it effectively. Additionally, certain apps and features might provide relaxation techniques or breathing exercises tailored to your heart rate data.
- Sleep Monitoring: Some heart rate monitor apps can track your heart rate while you sleep. By analyzing your heart rate patterns during different sleep stages, you can gain insights into the quality of your sleep. This information can help you identify factors that affect your sleep patterns and make adjustments to improve your overall sleep health.
- Early Detection of Health Issues: A heart rate monitor can provide indications of abnormal heart rhythms or irregularities. While it’s not a substitute for professional medical advice, it can serve as an early warning system, alerting you to potential health issues. By sharing this data with your healthcare provider, they can better assess your condition and recommend appropriate steps for further evaluation or treatment if necessary.
- Convenience and Accessibility: Integrating a heart rate monitor into your phone eliminates the need for a separate device or wearable solely for heart rate tracking. It offers convenience and accessibility since most people carry their phones with them at all times. This makes it easier to monitor your heart rate regularly without additional equipment.
- Personalized Health Insights: Many heart rate monitor apps provide detailed analytics and personalized insights based on your heart rate data. These insights can include exercise recommendations, calorie burn estimates, recovery time suggestions, and overall cardiovascular health assessments. Such information can help you make informed decisions regarding your fitness routine and overall well-being.
List Of Samsung Galaxy Phones With Heart Rate Monitor
Samsung incorporated heart rate monitors in some of its smartphones, but has since stopped. The last set of galaxy smartphones with heart rate monitor were released in 2019. They are:
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
- Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Samsung Galaxy Note9.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Samsung Galaxy S9.
After the release of the S10 series, the heart rate monitor disappeared completely from Samsung’s phones. As such, none of the Galaxy S20 series, S21 series, S22 series, and the Galaxy S23 series has this feature. If you want a Samsung smartphone with heart rate monitor, you have to pick one from the past – from 2019 backwards.
Why Samsung Stopped Including Heart rate Monitor in their smartphones
Think about it: why should Samsung continue to include heart rate sensors in their smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active now has it built in? That would be wasteful duplication, no doubt. If you need the heart rate monitor feature, Samsung says you need to buy a Samsung Galaxy Watch. All the Watch models from the original to the latest have the feature built in.
If you do not want a Galaxy Watch or cannot afford one, almost every smartwatch and fitness tracker out there (even the low-cost models) has a heart rate monitor. Simply buy one and pair it with your Samsung smartphone. Problem solved. I doubt we will ever see a return of Samsung Galaxy phones with Heart Rate Monitor, but do you really need one anymore?