Several situations could arise where you’d need to share your smartphone’s screen, whether you’re an Android or iPhone user. Of course, you could share a quick screenshot, but this doesn’t always provide detailed information, depending on the situation. For example, you could need to troubleshoot an app or device problem, create an instructional guide, or collaborate with distant friends.
Fortunately, live screen-sharing apps are not limited to computers. As long as you’re using the right app, you can easily share your smartphone’s screen with another person. So, in this article, I’ll be showing you some of the best apps you can use to share your smartphone’s screen, both for Android and iPhone devices.
Table of Contents
What are the Best Apps to Share Your Smartphone’s Screen?
There are several apps available to share your smartphone’s screen as an Android or iPhone user. Here are the best Android and iOS screen-sharing apps to try, so choose anyone that works best to share your smartphone’s screen easily.
Zoom is regarded as the best mobile app to share your smartphone’s screen because it’s compatible with all OS versions. It also enables users to join meetings directly from their web browsers on both computers and mobile devices.
It’s worth considering that the screen-sharing options depend on the plan you’re on. On basic Zoom accounts, you can only share your smartphone screen if you’re the host. Any participant can screen-share with Zoom Pro, Business, and Enterprise accounts if the host allows it. Multiple users can screen-share at the same time; however, only hosts who use the Zoom desktop client can enable this feature.
Zoom is the most popular screen-sharing app for Android and iOS because it includes other useful group conferencing features such as breakout rooms, raising hands, annotations, remote desktop control, and a long list of third-party integrations.
Here’s how to share your smartphone’s screen with Zoom:
- Ensure that the Zoom app has been downloaded and installed on every device.
- Start the meeting, make sure to click on “Share Screen“.
- To join the meeting, enter the Meeting ID or Sharing Key.
- Other meeting participants will now be able to see your phone’s screen. You have the option to enable others to share their phone screens as well.
Skype is an instant messaging software that offers video chat, multi-person voice conferences, multi-person chat, file transfer, text chat, and other features. Skype is a popular Internet telephony service. In addition to supporting cross-platform and cross-device mobile screen sharing, it also allows you to share your smartphone screen during video calls.
Other communication tools are also available through Skype. A built-in translator can transcribe a Skype call or conference in real-time and display subtitles in a variety of languages.
- Launch the Skype app on your Android or iPhone, and make sure you’re using the most recent version (it works on Android 6 or iOS 12 or higher).
- Navigate to the screen of the conversation you want to share and tap the “Video Call” button.
- When your call is accepted, tap the More menu icon (three dots).
- Now, on Android, select “Share Screen” and on iPhone, “Start Broadcasting.”
- If Android prompts you to share a screen using the Skype app, tap “Start Now.” Check the “Don’t Ask Again” box if you don’t want to see this message again.
- It should now begin to share your smartphone screen.
When you’re done sharing your screen, simply click the “Stop sharing” button at the bottom of the screen to end the process and return to the Skype app. You can either continue your call or disconnect it by tapping the red “End Call” button.
Initially, the Microsoft Teams app was only available for business use as part of a subscription. However, it is now also available for personal use, with features such as free chats, audio, and video calls, and 5GB of personal storage for one-on-one calls.
Under a Microsoft Teams Essentials plan, teams can access all of the benefits of the free plan and subscribe for more, including 10GB of file storage per user for $4/month. Other plans with additional benefits are available for personal and business users.
You can join a meeting in Microsoft Teams even if you do not have an Office 365 account. But only those without a paid commercial Microsoft 365 subscription can use this free version.
- To begin using screen sharing, launch the app on your device.
- To open more options on your meeting screen, tap the three dots icon (the More menu).
- Select the “Share” option.
- Now, select the type of content you want to share from your device, such as photos, videos, or your entire screen (Share screen).
- When you’re ready, click the Start Broadcasting button at the bottom of the screen.
- When you’re done screen-sharing, tap the Stop Broadcast button to end it.
TeamViewer is one of the most well-known remote desktop software programs on the market. You can download TeamViewer QuickSupport as an app for your iOS and Android devices. On your mobile device, you can view the screen in real-time.
Here’s how to use TeamViewer to share your smartphone’s screen:
- Install TeamViewer QuickSupport on both mobile devices.
- When you launch the program on your Android device, remember the ID of your device.
- In “partner ID,” enter the ID from the iOS device. Then select “Connect.”
- A connection permission dialog will appear; click “Allow” to authorize the connection. The iOS screen will then display the Android screen.
Due to its quick and secure connection between platforms and devices, AnyDesk is well-known and widely used. Since it supports cross-platform connections, you can share an iPad/iPhone screen with an Android phone/tablet.
Here’s how to use AnyDesk to share your smartphone’s screen:
- Download and install the app on both iOS and Android devices.
- When you launch the program, you will see the device’s address number.
- Enter the iOS device’s address number into the Android device and press “Connect.”
- Then, go to the Control Center and begin Screen Recording. You’ll now be able to view the iPhone screen on an Android phone or tablet.
The apps listed above are the best apps to share your smartphone’s screen on Android and iPhone devices. I hope you’ve already decided which app you’d like to use next, make sure to follow the instructions correctly for the right results.