The last time a 2.45-inch smartphone was announced was 6 years ago when the BlackBerry 9790 was announced. The 9790’s tiny 2.45-inch display was usable because the screen was not touchscreen. The phone had a physical QWERTY keyboard. Well, this is 2017 and, Unihertz Jelly, a 2.45-inch 4G smartphone has been announced. It is the smallest 4G smartphone in the world – if it isn’t the smallest smartphone overall.
Recently, we reviewed the small Innjoo X3 here on MobilityArena. It was a struggle to use the 4-inch display. We sort of shuddered when we first heard that the Jelly has a 2.45-inch display. I mean, just think about it.
Jelly is equipped with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage. To meet the needs of those who want more performance, the manufacturers, Unihertz, have announced a variant, Jelly Pro, which comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB built-in storage. What is more interesting is that this is a 4G LTE smartphone – and it supports more LTE bands than most other smartphones do. We counted 12 bands.
Unihertz Jelly Promo Video
The world’s smallest 4G smartphone sounds cool. How usable that tiny screen will be in real life is the question. We also wonder how that 950 mAh battery will hold up under an always-on 4G network connection. But then, the processor has less work to do on a 2.45-inch display. The battery performance might just turn out good. Have a look at the detailed specs of the Jelly twins below.
Unihertz Jelly and Jelly Pro Specifications
Wireless and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/19/20/40
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM
- OS: Stock Android 7.0 OS
- Dimensions: 92.3 mm x 43 x 13.3 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 2.45 inches, 240 × 432 pixels (163 PPI) display
- Sensors: Gyro, Compass, Gravity
- Colours: White. Black. Blue
- Processor Type: Quad-Core 1.1 GHz
- Processor Name:
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 1 GB / 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB /16 GB
- External Storage: Micro-SD card up to 256 GB/li>
- Rear: 8 megapixels autofocus camera with LED flash
- Video recording: 1080p @ 60fps
- Front-facing: 2 megapixel
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Battery: 950 mAh
- Announcement: May 2017
- Availability: August 2017
- Launch Price: $79 / $95
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.