There are certain times when you need to browse the internet but also need it to be private. For example, you might want to do some research on a topic but also want to keep your browsing history private. In such cases, you can switch to Incognito mode.
Going incognito is easy to do on Chrome, the default Web browser on Android devices. The feature is available on other browser apps too, but the steps to activate it will vary from browser to browser.
If you use Google Chrome on Android, here’s how to turn on Incognito mode:
- Launch the Chrome app, then tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the browser screen. You will see a list of options. Select “New Incognito tab”. You can open as many Incognito mode tabs as you like.
- To turn off Incognito mode, tap the square icon at the top right to open your tabs, then close each tab individually. Or else, click on the three dots icon and select “Close Incognito tabs” to close them all. This is important.
There are lots of times when you might want to consider going incognito with your browsing. For example, when you don’t want to be targeted by advertising, use private browsing. Your previous search habits will not affect the current search. Most importantly, whatever you are doing on Incognito Mode is not included in the browser history.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.