Also known as iPhone SE 2022, is the follow-up to the 2nd generation iPhone SE 2020. It has the same design, but adds a more powerful processor, 5G connectivity, bigger battery, and slightly faster charging. Have a look at the Apple iPhone SE 3rd Generation specs below.
Table of Contents
Apple iPhone SE 2022 (3rd Generation) Specs
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE.
- 5G mobile network bands: NSA/SA, mmW and sub-6.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Software / OS: iOS 15
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 144g
- Display: 4.7 inches, 750 x 1334 pixels, 60 Hz refresh rate, 16:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen, Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Colours: Black. White. Red.
- Physical Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame. IP67 rating
Internal Hardware Specifications
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 3.2 GHz Hexa-core
- Processor Name: Apple A15 Bionic SoC
- Graphics Processor: Apple GPU.
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB
- External Storage: No.
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 12 MP lens, autofocus, Quad-LED dual-tone, 4k, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 7 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No jack.
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: No.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; front-mounted in Home button.
- Face Unlock (FaceID): Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Siri.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.2
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB: Lightning. microUSB v2.0. USB-OTG.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 2018mAh
- Battery Charging: 20W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: Qi wireless charging.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: A2783, A2595, A2785, A2782, A2784
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announced: March 8, 2022
- Release Date: March 18, 2022
Apple iPhone SE 2022 (3rd Generation): Prices by Country
- USA: unlocked $429 (64GB). $479 (128 GB). $579 (512 GB).
- UK: unlocked £429 (64GB). $479 (128 GB). £579 (512 GB).
- European Union: €400 (64GB)
- Nigeria: ₦
- Egypt: Egyptian Pound
- UAE: AED 1,849 (64 GB). AED 2,059 (128 GB). AED 2,479 (256 GB).
- India: ₹43,900 (64GB). ₹48,900 (128GB). ₹58,900 (256GB).
- Iraq: Iraqi Dinar
- Kenya: Ksh.
The above prices may change with time from country to country, as market forces and economic policies influence product price movements.
Is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen battery removable?
No; the battery is not removable.
Is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen good for gaming?
Yes; it is an excellent gaming smartphone.
Does Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen support OTG?
Yes; it does, with certain compatible accessories.
How much is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen?
Prices start from $299 in the USA and £299 in the UK.
How is the battery of Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen?
The SE 2022 has a 2018mAh battery. While bigger than the battery of its predecessor, it is still small and, according to reviewers, results in poor standby times. iPhone SE 2022’s battery life is unimpressive.
Are Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen and iPhone 2020 same size?
The iPhone SE 2022 and SE 2020 are exactly the size (dimensions). The SE 2020 is 4g heavier though.
Is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen waterproof?
The SE 2022 has IP67 dust/water resistance rating, meaning it can be submerged in water of no more than 1 metre for no more than 30 minutes.
Is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen dual SIM?
The SE 2022 has two variants – one with a single nano SIM slot, and the second with a nano SIM and eSIM slot.
Does Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen have Magsafe?
Unfortunately, the SE 2022 does not have the Magsafe magnets and so is not compatible with Magsafe accessories.
Does Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen have wireless charging?
It supports Qi wireless charging.
Does Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen have Face ID?
It does not have Face ID. Instead, it has Touch ID (fingerprint scanner) located in the home button.
How good is Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen?
If you are looking for an affordable and/or compact iPhone model, the iPhone SE 2022 fits that bill. It is also as powerful as the iPhone 13, thanks to its using the same Apple A15 Bionic processor.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The iPhone SE 2022 (3rd Gen) is the cheapest iPhone released in 2022. There is probably only one reason to buy it: you want a 2022 iPhone model without having to spend a lot of money.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specs of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
Apple iPhone SE 2022 (3rd Generation) Review
We got our hands on a unit and out it to test. The iPhone SE 2022’s improved battery life is a delightful thing. While not exemplary, you will not often worry about running out of juice under a few hours of use.
The iPhone SE 2022’s weakest link is its wireless network quality which reflects on voice call quality, which is very disappointing. During calls, there is static and breaks. We tested this across multiple networks and locations, so it isn’t the network; the problem is the phone itself. Other phones (from Xiaomi, Unihertz, TECNO, OnePlus, and Nokia) perform much better in voice calls at the same locations and over the same networks. Read our full iPhone SE 2022 review.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.