The JAMBOX is a Bluetooth speaker that does exactly what it was meant to do. It is a speaker that is worth the mention. It delivers crisp and stunning quality sound, even in a large noisy room. It does so wirelessly and the range from what I’ve tried is about 10 metres. It is very portable and easily fits into your pocket.
- Built-in mic to receieve phone calls.
- Connects with just about any device manufacturer (Samsung, Sony Ericcson , Hp, Dell, Apple iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Nokia, LG, .. you name it).
Has 3 buttons: Volume up, Volume down, and a button which tells you the battery status, as well as the connection status of the device.
- Length: just about the length of your Tv remote
- Colour: Comes in 4 different colours (Red Dot, Blue Wave, Black Diamond, Grey Hex)
- Weight: Just a little heavier than my iPhone 3GS, or about the weight of the Nokia N8 (that’s not a specific measurement but you get the idea).
- Price: $199 (about N33,000)
- Battery life: If it is used continuously, about 8 – 12 hours after a full charge.
- It delivers studio quality sound anytime anywhere. It’s super loud.
- The manufacturers claim an output capacity of 85 dB. (no way for me to verify that, but it is truly loud).
- It has a sleek design
- It even has tweeters and woofers in the small package
- Small enough to ‘take’ anywhere (not carry).
- Can be used for conference calls
- It is completely wireless (well, besides when you need to charge it, but you get my point).
- Can be used for small get-together parties, picnics, etc.
- Even the Jambox’s USB charging port can charge your iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Samsung.. etc.
- I would have loved it even more if the battery life was even better.
- It is a bit expensive for even for Bluetooth speakers, but it is worth every penny.
The ideal buyer:
- Someone who values good quality sound
- Someone who doesn’t like earpiece headsets
- Perhaps an Apple Device owner. Let’s face it, iPad speakers aren’t that loud for watching movies.
- Someone whose laptop speakers aren’t that good
- Someone planning a small get-together or perhaps a picnic with just a few friends. Trust me, it is loud enough!
If I had to rate it, I would give it a 4.5/5.
So there you have it. Let me know if you’ve come across the JAMBOX speaker.