Last Updated on by Admin
A Nokia G60 vs Nokia X30 comparison was inevitable from the moment I read the news of their launch and scanned through the specs of both phones. Why? At their core, Nokia G60 and Nokia X30 are the same phone. They are both powered by the same Snapdragon 695 5G processor and were both released with Android 12. The differences appear when you move outwards from that core.
This comparison will pit the main features and specs of the G60 5G and X30 5G against one another. The G60 5G is the more affordable of the two, but are there areas in which it has better specs or features, or is the X30 5G ahead of it in every way?
Nokia G60 vs Nokia X30: The Comparison
|Nokia G60 5G||Nokia X30 5G|
|6.58 inches, 1080×2400 pixels, 120Hz, IPS LCD, waterdrop notch, Gorilla Glass 5||6.43 inches, 1080×2400 pixels, 90Hz, AMOLED, centred punch hole, Gorilla Glass Victus|
|Plastic frame, plastic back; IP52 splash resistant||Aluminum frame, plastic back; IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)|
|Android 12, upgradable to Android 15||Android 12, upgradable to Android 15|
|Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G||Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G|
|4 GB / 6 GB RAM||6 GB / 8 GB RAM|
|64 GB / 128 GB storage||128 GB / 256 GB storage|
|50 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP rear camera||50 MP + 13 MP rear camera|
|8 MP selfie camera||16 MP selfie camera|
|2G, 3G, 4G, 5G||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Fingerprint scanner in side Power button||Fingerprint scanner under-display (optical)|
|4500 mAh, non-removable battery||4200 mAh, non-removable battery|
|20W fast charging||33W fast charging|
|Price: from $389||Price: from $540|
Where Nokia G60 5G has the edge
- Has a bigger screen size (6.58 inches, against the X30’s 6.43 inches)
- Has a higher refresh rate (120Hz, against the X30’s 90Hz)
- The rear camera has 3 lenses (the X30’s rear camera has only two and so lacks a depth sensor)
- Has a larger battery capacity (4500 mAh, against the x30 5G’s 4200 mAh)
- It is more affordable
Where Nokia X30 5G has the edge
- It is more compact and lighter
- More premium build with an aluminium frame (against the G60’s plastic frame)
- IP67 water/dust resistance (against, the G60’s IP52 splash resistance)
- AMOLED panel with Gorilla Glass Victus
- Optical, in-display fingerprint scanner (against the G60’s side-mounted scanner located in the Power button)
- More RAM and storage
- Better camera specs for both front and rear cameras
- Faster battery charging (33W, against the G60 5G’s 20W)
Nokia G60 vs Nokia X30 comparison: Verdict
This comparison between these two 2022 Nokia smartphones is not about picking which one is better overall. It is more to highlight the similarities and differences between the two. Of course, the X30 5G is the better phone overall, in terms of quality of materials, features, and capabilities. Which is why it is also the more expensive model. For those who are not willing to spend up to $540 on a smartphone, the good news is that to a large extent, you won’t be missing much.
The Nokia G60 5G gives you similar performance to the Nokia X30 5G all round. The only spot where it is better is the 120Hz refresh rate. When you consider that you are paying much less for similar performance, the Nokia G60 5G just might be the better value for money of the two.
Note that the G60 5G has three memory variants – 4GB RAM + 64GB storage, 4GB RAM + 128GB storage, and 6GB RAM + 128GB storage. On the other hand, Nokia X30 5G has two – 6GB RAM + 128GB storage and 8GB RAM + 256GB storage. Meanwhile, our detailed Nokia G60 5G review is on its way, so keep an eye out for it.