This quick guide looks at some of the most common iPhone 11 problems and their solutions.
The iPhone 11 has gone on to become one of the more popular iPhone models since its launch in 2019. As with every electronic device, this smartphone comes with its peculiarities, with a number of users noticing certain unusual tendencies with this device.
However, it is not particularly unusual for devices to have certain glitches. The good news is, these glitches can be fixed or effectively managed to let users enjoy a better smartphone performance.
In this piece, we will show you some of the common iPhone 11 problems and how to take care of them without getting a technician to take a look at your device.
The Most Common iPhone 11 Problems and their Solutions
- Wireless charging: Quite a number of iPhone 11 users noticed that their devices began to heat up when placed on certain wireless chargers. However, these devices did not charge, in spite of the fact the phones recognized the charger. This complaint was fairly common among users with Qi wireless chargers.
To solve this problem, you could either restart the phone and it will return to charging normally with a wireless charger, or opt to use a wired connection to charge it. Also, certain users reported that this problem was solved by updating their devices to the stable iOS 14, meaning that it may just be down to a software glitch.
- Volume or sound issues: For users whose devices have experienced audio issues of any sort, they can:
- Take out the SIM card and replace it to be sure the problem does not stem from a poorly positioned card.
- Make sure the microphone is clean, clear and unobstructed.
- Switch off the Bluetooth to compare audio quality without it. If the audio quality improves, always switch off your Bluetooth during your calls.
- If none of these steps are effective, you can clear your phone’s cache memory.
- Finally, you can try a hard factory reset if none of the tips above work. All you need to do is go to Settings, then General and hit Reset. Ensure you back up your data before you start this process.
- Activation issues: These issues are fairly popular with new devices and should not be too difficult to circumvent. If you are experiencing such with your iPhone 11, all you need to do is make sure all systems are up and running by checking out the Apple’s System Status page. Make sure everything is toggled on green in this section, if everything is on green and it’s still not working, ensure there’s a SIM card in your phone.
If you still get a No SIM or Invalid SIM message, then Apple suggests you follow these steps:
- Ensure your wireless plan is operational.
- Update your device to the newest iOS version and restart it.
- Remove your SIM card from the tray and then reinsert it. Also ensure to use the tray that comes with the device.
- Try replacing your current SIM card with a new SIM and see if it works.
- Overheating: Overheating is very common with a number of devices, with different factors responsible for this occurrence. Sometimes, it could be due to the use of a wrong charger, this anomaly may affect the long-term life of the battery and the smartphone in general.
Units of the iPhone 11 were not left out, with certain users complaining that these devices occasionally became too hot to hold. The good thing is, there are a number of general tips to mitigate this problem when next it happens. All you need to do is:
- Remove the phone case.
- Avoid leaving your device exposed to hot weather for long periods.
- Tone down on the games, especially AR games, as they are known to cause this problem.
- Put the device on airplane mode for some moments. You can do this by going to the Control Center, clicking on the Airplane icon. This will effectively shut off all Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular signals.
- Turn the iPhone off and try a hard restart.
If none of the tips above are effective, contact the Apple Support as soon as possible.
Have you tried out any of the tips above for your iPhone 11 problems? Did they work for you? Reach out to us in the comment’s section and let us know.