One of the questions I get asked by mobile users who are new to 4G is whether it is possible to use a 4G SIM in a 3G phone.
Yes; it is possible, but you will not get a 4G connection. If your network operator offers 3G and 2G networks, the SIM will lock on to either of those for calls and data.
To be able to use a 4G internet connection, you need to put your 4G SIM card in a compatible 4G smartphone. To understand 4G compatibility
Other 4G Resources
Here are a few more helpful resources about 4G LTE.
- List of 4G LTE networks in Nigeria
- 4G In Nigeria
- Best budget 4G smartphones in Nigeria
- 4G LTE compatibility: before you buy that 4G smartphone
- Eight 4G LTE smartphones you can buy now for less than NGN50,000
- These smartphones all work on Glo 4G network
If you have any questions about 4G that have not been answered in any of the above articles, do ask using the comment form below. I will respond with an answer. Don’t forget to share this article with your circle of friends and network.