Why could Google Pixel 4a be your best smartphone choice in 2020? The Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL, which were launched in 2019, were some of the most interesting devices released last year. These smartphones came at a respectable price just below $400 and also featured amazing cameras, making the Pixel 3 awesome.
With the impact the Pixel 3 made in the market, it was only natural that the Pixel 4 would be one of the devices that users would look forward to owning. The Google Pixel 4a picks the best parts of the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, like the super-fast Android updates, wonderful rear-camera experience and other Pixel-exclusive software features, while cutting out expensive hardware aspects.
Reasons Why Google Pixel 4a Could Be Your Best Smartphone Choice In 2020
The Google Pixel 4a launch has finally come and gone now, and we have the full specifications and features of the device. Here are some reasons this mid-range smartphone is your best bet on any 2020 device:
- Improved Chipset: The Pixel 3a had the Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 chipset which brough decent processing power, but we have the more advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset in the Pixel 4a, and it delivers much more processing power, making this a solid device performance.
- Better Battery Life: Although not particularly the biggest battery on the market, the Pixel 4a has a better battery life compared to the standard Pixel 4. The 3,140mAh battery as adequate to keep this device running. And there is 18W fast charging via USB Power Delivery 2.0.
- Better camera quality: The Pixel 4a features a 12.2MP rear-facing sensor with OIS and EIS and a front camera with an 8MP sensor similar to the Pixel 3a’s selfie camera. This means that users will enjoy better quality pictures than what the Pixel 3 had on offer, with a number of new features like astrophotography mode, Night Sight, and dual exposure controls also expected. It also provides better video recording, with 1080p recording at 30, 60 and 120fps, 720p recording at 240fps and 4K recording at 30fps.
- Decent RAM and good inbuilt storage capacity: These specs are no-brainers for you when hunting for a new device, as we all know how important storage space is on any device. With the Pixel 4a bringing 6GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage to play, this mid-range device ensures you get what you need from in terms of RAM and also have more than adequate ROM (storage memory) to play around with.
- Affordable Pricing: Over the years, Google has maintained some level of consistency with its flagship pricing, keeping the Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 at $399 for entry price. With that said, the Google Pixel 4a costs $349, making it an even more affordable mid-range device for the quality it offers.
- Solid Screen Display: Although boasting a smaller screen size than the Google Pixel 3a, the Pixel 4a is expected to feature a 5.81-inch OLED display witha rich 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, which is perfect to catch your favourite shows while on-the-go or enjoy your favourite mobile game. The bezels in the Pixel 3a are also absent, as they have been replaced by a more stylish camera hole-punch that houses the selfie camera.
With the Google Pixel 4a bringing much needed Google Assistant improvements, this sub-$400 device is your best bet for a solid mid-range device in 2020. Its combination of a good storage capacity, solid camera features, a great design (making it especially handy for users) and good processor performance make this device one to look out for in 2020.
A 5G version of this device is on the way too, as has been confirmed by Google, so you can wait for it if you want to be able to use 5G. Here are the key specs of this budget 2020 Pixel smartphone.
Google Pixel 4a Specifications And Features
- OS: Android 10.
- Release date: August 2020.
- Network Type: 2G/3G/4G
- 4G LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- Display: 5.81-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, OLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Always-On display, HDR10
- Colours: Just Black
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2×2.2 GHz, Kryo 470 Gold
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP punch hole
- Rear camera: 12 MP single lens, Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- RAM: 6 GB
- ROM: 128 GB UFS 2.1
- External Storage: No
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer 3140 mAh.
- Battery Charging: Power Delivery 2.0 – 18W Fast Charging
- Phone Status: Official.
- Availability: The Pixel 4a is available from August 20, 2020.
Google Pixel 4a Price
The 4a carries a price tag of $349 in the United States of America, £349 in the UK, and €340 in Germany. It will also be officially available in countries like Australia, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain and Taiwan.
What Of The Google Pixel 4a 5G?
The Pixel 4a 5G will arrive anytime from late September to end of December 2020 and will start at $499, about $150 more expensive than the non-5G model.