If we were to throw the question, Which smartphone has the highest screen-to-body ratio? to the general public, the most common answer would probably be, “iPhone X” But that would be a wrong answer.
A bezel is the frame around the display of a cell phone. In recent times, we have seen the rise of bezel-less phones. In truth, they are not 100% bezel-less, as there is still a frame around the display of all existing phones, but the term “bezel-less” has been adopted to refer to phones with less bezels. The smaller the bezels, the higher the screen-to-body ratio of the phone.
In other words, a smartphone with a higher screen-to-body proportion has more efficient use of space on its front end. There is more screen to use and a narrower frame to hold. Usually, low-end phones have the biggest bezels, meaning that most bezel-less smartphones are high-end. The image below is that of a phone with huge bezels.
If we were to throw the question, Which smartphone has the highest screen-to-body ratio? to the general public, the most common answer would probably be, “Apple iPhone X”. But that would be a wrong answer, regardless of how many people think so.
We bring you a definitive list of some of the smartphones with the highest screen-to-body proportions in first quarter 2018. It is an interesting list!
Smartphones with the highest screen-to-body ratio
This is a countdown from the number 5 spot all the way up to the first position where the smartphone with the highest screen-to-body proportion sits. Let’s go.
5. 82.9% screen-to-body proportion
Number 5 on the list is the Apple iPhone X, meaning that there are quite a number of other smartphones with a higher screen-to-body ratio.
4. 83.2% screen-to-body ratio
A number of flagships from 2017 jointly occupy this position and they include Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and LG V30.
3. 83.6% Screen-to-body ratio
2. 84.2% screen-to-body ratio
The newly-announced Samsung Galaxy S9+ has an 84.2% ratio, beating last year’s S8, S8 Plus and Note 8 by small margins.
1. 84.9% screen-to-body ratio
With an 84.9 percent ratio, the Essential Phone has the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone in existence now.
The Essential phone was also the first smartphone with a display notch, which was later popularised by the Apple iPhone X, and is now spreading like wildfire among other smartphones.
It is very likely though that a mobile brand will announce a phone with a higher ratio than the Essential’s 84.9% this year. And then, we will have this list updated. It is a bezel-less world we live in and one day, technology will be advanced enough to give us a 100% screen-to-body ratio.
- highest screen to body ratio 2018
- phones with high screen to body ratio
- screen to body ratio
- s9 plus specs
- 84.2 screen to body ratio
- highest screen to body ratio mobile phones 2018
- screen to body ratio percentage
- essential phone
- highest screen to body ratio 2017
- best infinix with the highest and best screen to body ratio
- highest screen to body ratio mobile
- screen-to-body ratio
- highest screen to body ratio phone
- list of worls hightst screen body ratio smartphone
- infinix phones with 90 screen to body ratio
- which smartphone has the highest screen to body ratio
- highest screen to body ratio
- highest screen body phone
- infinix phones with high body to screenratio
- mobile with maximum body screen ratio